Dental veneers are also known as dental porcelain laminates as well as porcelain veneers in Australia. As the names suggest, these are custom-made shells that are very thin and come with the natural appearance of a tooth. These are designed to cover up the front or visible surface of teeth and enhance their appearance.
These shells are available in different varieties and are bonded to the front of the teeth. It can change a range of characteristics of the teeth including their color, size, shape, or length. In today’s time, dental veneers are widely available and you can easily get them from a reliable and reputed dentist Greenacres.
In this blog, we will discuss the different roles and benefits of dental veneers. Read further to know all about these modern dental accessories.
Different Types Of Veneers
Dental veneers vary in shape, size, and color. Although if it comes to classifying them, it would be based on their materials. Veneers are usually made from porcelain or resin composite materials.
Based on their materials, they function slightly differently as well. For instance, Porcelain veneers are generally more stain-resistant as compared to resin veneers. They also look more natural and shinier with better light-reflecting properties characteristic of natural teeth.
When choosing the ideal veneer material for yourself, you will need to discuss it with your dentist in Greenacres.
When Do You Need Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are recommended by a majority of dentists all across Australia to fix a number of teeth issues. Let us take a look at the most common issues fixed by veneers and the most common use cases of these items.
- You may need dental veneers if you have discolored teeth. This can be caused due to a variety of reasons which include:
- Root Canal treatment
- Stains caused by tetracycline and other drugs
- Surplus fluoride exposure
- Big resin fillings
- You may also need veneers if you have damaged teeth (chipped or broken) or worn down teeth.
- When and if your teeth are uneven, irregularly shaped (for instance, some people have craters or bulges in their teeth) or misaligned.
- Teeth that have huge gaps between them may also need veneers to close the space between these teeth.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Along with the above cases where people usually need veneers, there are a number of benefits of using dental veneers. Let us take a look at these benefits.
- Veneers offer the desired natural tooth appearance.
- Porcelain veneers do not affect your gums in a bad way and gums can tolerate porcelain pretty well.
- Porcelain veneers are also very stain-resistant.
- These come in different colors and shades and can help dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers do not need shaping as much as dental crowns while being characteristically stronger.
On an ending note, it can be said that veneers are a good idea if you are thinking of strengthening your teeth or making them look more attractive. Although, it’s imperative to consult with a dentist before you do so. You can visit a reputable dental clinic like Muller Road Dental for the best results.